Try using tea tree oil and remove skin tags for good
How does tea tree oil work to remove skin tags?
You may have heard of tea tree oil - an all-natural substance that is distilled from the leaves of the Melaleuca alternifolia plant native to Australia (you can read about the history of tea tree oil here). This 100% essential oil has natural antibacterial, antifungal and antiseptic properties. Skin tags are usually an indication of dampness within the body, and because tea tree oil has natural ‘drying out’ properties, it’s an ideal treatment for removing unwanted skin tags.
For people who care about putting chemicals onto their skin, tea tree oil provides an all-natural pain-free treatment for removing skin tags.
Can skin tags really be removed with tea tree oil?
Yes! Because of tea tree oil’s natural drying properties, when applied to the skin tag tea tree oil will literally ‘dry out’ the skin tag, removing it from your body. Read below for instructions on how to use tea tree oil and remove skin tags.
How to remove skin tags with tea tree oil
If you want to remove your unsightly skin tags using tea tree oil, then follow these steps:-
- Wash the area of the skin tag with soap and water. Pat dry thoroughly with a towel until there is no more dampness.
- Using a Q-tip or cotton ball, apply tea tree oil directly onto the skin tag. If necessary, cover the area.
- Repeat the above steps morning and night every day until the skin tag falls off. Usually it will take around 2-3 weeks for the skin tag to fall off, so patience and persistence is necessary.
If you want to try and speed up the process, here’s how:-
- Clean the area of the skin tag and dry thoroughly.
- Soak a cotton ball in tea tree oil and place directly on top of the skin tag.
- Apply some medical tape or a plaster over the cotton ball to keep it in place.
- Repeat these steps a couple of times every day until the skin tag is no longer there.
Using this ‘quicker’ method it should take approx. 1 week for the skin tag to fall off.
Benefits of using tea tree oil for skin tags
Tea tree oil is a safe and all-natural alternative remedy for removing embarrassing skin tag growths on your skin. People have been using tea tree oil to remove skin tags for years with great success.
If you care about what you put onto your skin and into your body, then tea tree oil provides peace of mind as it’s completely natural and chemical-free.
It’s also quite cheap to buy - you can get it from your local pharmacy or even some supermarket chains will stock the oil.
Uses of tea tree oil for skin tags - side effects
Tea tree oil is safe for most people to use on their skin, however if you have sensitive skin you may experience a reaction when the oil is applied to the skin. Always do a patch test first.
If you do find you’re sensitive to tea tree oil, you can dilute it using a 50/50 solution, then apply directly to the skin tag.
Tea tree oil should never be ingested as it can be toxic. If swallowed it may cause possible drowsiness, diarrhea, vomiting and sometimes coma. If you experience any adverse reactions or side effects when using tea tree oil, immediately seek medical help.
You can have your skin tag removed by a professional, but you may be lumped with a large unwanted medical bill. Try using tea tree oil and remove skin tags for good.